Hockessin Heritage Foundations focus will:
- Collect and exhibit significant historical Hockessin area materials.
- Provide leadership in the responsible preservation of these historical materials.
- Encourage excellence in research, documentation, and interpretation
- Serve diverse audiences through a variety of learning formats.
- Promote pride in both individual and community heritage.
- Provide support to historic preservation initiatives in the area.
- Maintain mutually beneficial relationships and alliances with a variety of interested institutions.
Exhibits and Programs
The Hockessin Heritage Foundation has a research initiative, a special collection library, virtual exhibits and HHF Case studies which will be shown on a rotational basis to illuminate the history of how this small village has influenced the country.
The initial projects and program will include:
- Underground Rail Road
- Colonial Times and Historic Maps
- Industry and Business during the Mill Boom
- Brown versus Board of Education and the Supreme Court
- The Jackson House and Friends Meeting
- A variety of learning formats
- Regional Art
You must be logged in to post a comment.